Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Why this Blog

As I go about my daily job, which is anything but routine, I do often contemplate on what does it take to be an effective Security Manager. What does it take to be an IS manager and how is that skill set diferent from operating at a Director IS level and to take it up to the highest notch, what does it take to operate at a CISO level for a large multinational company?

Books do not teach you these skills, information security conferences are heavy on technology but, not surprisingly, light on the management side. In this blog, I hope to write about the skillsets required to do the job and the challenges a Security manager must overcome in order to build and run an effective security program. In the process, I also hope to understand better what it is that drives me and my colleagues in chasing that elusive goal of a secure enterprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment